Calling All Captains
Welcome to Calling All Captains, a place for BRIGHT Run team captains to share successes, talk about fundraising ideas and take a look at what and how other teams are doing.
Welcome back returning teams that registered in September:
- Double D and captain Roma Dhamanaskar
- Nancy’s Network and captain Steve Milligan
- Team Bogvine and captain Jessica Bogach
And welcome aboard, new teams that registered in September:
- Buchanan Courters and captain Emmerson Hatch
- KICK IT!! and captain Mary Kronemeyer
- Northern Lights and captain Lucy Napoleone
- Team Plasma and captain Gregory Sandwell
- Thomas Family and captain Corrie Collins
Thank you to all the teams and individuals who participated in the virtual BRIGHT Run 2020. Together, we raised more than $330,000!
Let Us Help Spread the Word
We are grateful for the many fundraising events held throughout the year in support of BRIGHT Run, and we want to help you publicize your events so that you enjoy an excellent turnout!
If you are planning an event/fundraiser and would like BRIGHT Run to publicize on our website and social media, please complete the form below.
Tip of the Month
Work your social media platforms, particularly as we get closer to BRIGHT Run 2020.
Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are your best friends in this era of distancing. Use them to your advantage to spread the word about BRIGHT and your involvement. Post pictures, talk about your personal connection to the event, explain that all the money raised by participants supports research in Hamilton. Tell your story, or the story of the person to whom you dedicate your involvement in the BRIGHT Run. Ask for donations – big or small, we love them all. Include a link to your personal fundraising page. And remember to say thank you to every person who responds. You’ll likely be surprised at the number of people who are looking for an opportunity to give.
- Share your story: when telling people about the event make sure to share why you believe in the cause.
- Stay motivated: don’t take it personally if someone doesn’t want to donate as people support many causes and may not be able to support all of them. If someone says no to donating money, you could ask him or her to spread the word about the event or invite them to “like” the facebook page.
- Stay in touch: send updates to your donors on how much you’ve raised and how much the event raised in total. Don’t forget to say thank you! A picture of you at the event is always a nice touch!
Captains News – Past Articles
We’d love to share your stories with our BRIGHT Run eNewsletter readers. Contact Vanessa Sheppard at firstname.lastname@example.org