BRIGHT Run is moving!
As is the case with many families – and as many of you likely noticed at BRIGHT 2022 – we’ve outgrown our lovely home at Dundas Valley Conservation Area after 15 wonderful years.
So, BRIGHT 2023 will be our inaugural event at – drum roll please – beautiful Christie Lake Conservation Area, another of the wonderful locations within the Hamilton Conservation Authority (HCA) family.
The 336-hectare conservation area is located on the Niagara Escarpment at 1000 Highway 5 West, between Middletown and Brock roads., only minutes from Dundas Valley. It features the lovely Christie Lake, a man-made reservoir created by the construction of the Christie Dam in October 1971 to prevent flooding in Dundas.
David Balsdon and Kathie Ward, BRIGHT’s event day team leads, note that Christie Lake Conservation Area provides numerous improvements for BRIGHT Run participants:
– More space for participants, tents, exhibits and fun, with hectares of flat land at our event site
– Lake views from the start/finish area
– Lovely wooded trails
– More parking, with room for thousands of cars on site
– More washrooms! There are dozens of indoor washrooms at the event site
– More picnic tables
– Better accessibility – dual-lane entrance and exit off Highway 5, flat event area and dedicated accessible parking spots
Gord Costie, director of conservation area services for HCA, noted, “I believe Christie Lake Conservation Area, with improved access, free-flowing parking for all BRIGHT Run participants, and modern washroom facilities, can quickly become the new home for BRIGHT Run for many years.”
As we leave Dundas Valley Conservation Area, we want to thanks the staff there for all of their support over the years. They helped make BRIGHT Run a success!
And onward to Christie Lake!
Photos courtesy of Christie Lake Conservation Area