There’s less than a week to go until BRIGHT Run 2023!
We can’t wait to see you on September 9 at our new home, Christie Lake Conservation Area, 1000 Highway 5 West, Dundas.
Moving house can be a challenge, so we have created a terrific map to help you find your way around the BRIGHT site. You’ll likely notice we have a few new features. We’re also planning some very colourful surprises!
Years of BRIGHT experience have taught us a few things and we’d like to share with you.
What to Bring:
- Prepare for rain, no matter what the forecasters say. That means rain gear, footwear that can stand up to mud and protection for all your electronic devices. Resealable plastic bags are a must.
- Hat, bug spray, sunscreen and water bottle. You’ll also need a backpack for the stuff you bring, as well as anything you buy on site.
- Debit/credit cards and some cash. Food and pink merch, along with penny sale and online raffle tickets will be available for purchase. And you may land a few silent auction items too!
- A wagon or stroller for young children.
- Your leashed and well-behaved dog is also welcome. Please remember to bring some poop bags!
What to Leave at Home:
- Bicycles, roller blades, skateboards or scooters. Medical mobility devices are welcome.
- Feather boas. Sure, they’re pretty, but they shed feathers that are bad for the conservation area’s natural environment. A colourful lei is a better option.
- Latex balloons are also not environmentally friendly.
- Christie Lake Conservation Area has ample onsite parking.
- Our parking attendants will provide instructions if needed.
- For those with Ontario Disability permits, there are several reserved spots onsite. Golf carts will be available if you need help travelling from the parking lot to the event site.
When You Arrive:
- Check in at the New Registration area OR if you are pre-registered but did not pick up your T-shirt ahead of time, go directly to the T-shirt pick-up area.
- Drop off pledge sheets and cash/cheque donations when you get your T-shirt.
- Visit the penny sale, BRIGHT Getaway Raffle, exhibits, children’s area, silent auction and pink gear tents.
- Have your picture taken at the SmartBooth, team photo area and the Fido Foto Frame.
- Keep an eye out for surprise visitors!
- Please be considerate of others during your walk, run or stroll. Everyone wants to have a fun day!
- First aid volunteers (healthcare workers and nurses) will be positioned along the trails, as well as in the first aid area. First aid responders will be wearing blue volunteer T-shirts as well as a black or blue backpack with the red first aid logo.
Please follow all safety protocols as outlined by the Hamilton Conservation Authority.