If virtual fundraising is still a bit of a mystery to you, BRIGHT Run community group on Facebook has you covered.
The group is hosting a series of play-and-learn events aimed at helping us all get a handle on how to raise money on line.
The third Play and Learn event – virtual BINGO – will be hosted by Amber Ripa and Nancy McMillan on Thursday May 20 at 7 p.m.
Watch for info on the event on the BRIGHT Run community group page, as well as on the BRIGHT Run Facebook page. All it takes to register is a comment that says, “I’m in.” A Zoom link and BINGO card will be sent to you ahead of the May 20 event.
Here’s how it works:
- the BINGO card will be made up of nine blank boxes (nine versus the usual 25 to keep the training short, sweet and to the point)
- each participant will customize his or her card by choosing from nine pairs of words which we will read off to start the game. Time will be allotted for folks to write their choice in whichever box they would like.
By doing this, there should be no two cards that are the same.
- once the cards are filled, all 18 choices will be put into a hat
- one choice will be pulled out at a time and read to the group. Participants will X out the box if they have that choice on their card
- this process will continue until a lucky participant has a full card of selected choices and yells BINGO!
The winner(s) will receive a $25 gift card. Each participant will also be given a $5 discount code for BRIGHT Run 2021 registration as a thank you.
BINGO night follows play and learn sessions on Spin the Wheel and Kahoot! Trivia.
Don’t miss your chance to learn about an online fundraising tool and – maybe – win a prize!